According to Wikipedia, the term community has two distinct meanings:
- A group of interacting people, possibly living in close proximity, and often refers to a group that shares some common values, and is attributed with social cohesion within a shared geographical location, generally in social units larger than a household. The word can also refer to the national community or international community, and
- In biology, a community is a group of interacting living organisms sharing a populated environment
Additionally, social cohesion is a term used in social policy, sociology and political science to describe the bonds or “glue” that bring people together in society
With that said, when Rob Prinzo and I started #PMChat it came from the realization that there wasn’t a Twitter chat available for Project/Program Managers to discuss common challenges, share best practices, etc. Our goal has been to facilitate a community that fills this gap via a Twitter chat each Friday afternoon. As we enter our 6th week of the #PMChat, we have been taken back by the support and rapid growth of the community so far. The discussions have continued outside of the 1hr session each Friday and we sense that we are all on the brink of something truly awesome!
In order to advance this community, Rob and I have started hosting a#PMChat Pre-Game show via BlogTalk Radio and we have created a blog to recap the discussions, post up coming topics, and more. This is where we have an opportunity for the community (you all) to take ownership. Rob and I don’t want this to be the Rob & Rob show… we want this to be a community: sharing, interacting, etc.
Here is where you can jump in and participate:
Visit the Suggestion Box and…
- Submit a topic for #PMChat
- Request an opportunity to guest post on the blog
- Request to co-host a #PMChat session
- Request to be a guest on the #PMChat Pre-Game show
Based on your area of interest, the demand, and topics we will provide some next steps to folding you into the efforts and getting your contribution into the community.
Thank-you so much for your consideration to participate!
Rob Prinzo & Rob Kelly